Since nobody’s thrilled about Tax Day tomorrow (except possibly Uncle Sam), let’s celebrate something much more exciting today: National Pecan Day.
Obviously, there’s no better day to bring you one of my favorite go to recipes. I tend to make this a lot when Nate’s out of town for work, because 1) cooking for yourself is already no fun, 2) this recipe’s ingredients are perfect for just 1 person, and 3) it’s just so quick!
This recipe is an adaptation from one of my favorite local restaurants. The only prep involved is cutting up part of an apple. Easy like a Sunday morning.
Pecan Salad with Goat Cheese
- 1 package of Baby Spinach
- 1 Granny Smith Apple
- 1 package of Crumbled Goat Cheese
- 1 bag of Pecan Pieces
- 1 bag of Julienned Carrots (not shown in picture, but I usually add them in for some extra nutritional value!)
- Cut up the apple into small cubes. Use about 1/4 of the apple per person. Leftover apple can be put in a ziplock baggie and stored in the fridge for later use.
- Fill bowl or plate with spinach. Top with apple, goat cheese crumbles, carrots (if using), and pecans as you wish.
- Drizzle with salad dressing, and eat up! (I like a dressing that isn’t overpowering and is slightly on the sweet side, like a Poppyseed.)
Christmas is in less than 72 hours, can you believe it?! Here are a few last minute gift ideas for that person who is a kid trapped in an adult’s body. If childhood memories, pulling pranks, or just laughing in general is their thing, these are sure to please. All of these ideas are available through Amazon, so order today and have it in time for Christmas!
- Who says Lego’s are just for kids? This is the perfect gift for the builder, architect, or designer you know.
- Because people who park crappy deserve to know about it.
- Give the favorite NickToon series for that big kid in your life.
- No (adult) party is complete without this game. Hilariousness served with a side of crude humor.
- Growing up with Polaroid’s, this is the next best thing. Get instant pics with this cute little camera!
- This thing is practically an inexpensive drone. It can take pics too.
For links to these and other gift ideas, go to our gifts board on Vim & Vintage’s Pinterest page.
Hope everyone had a very relaxing Thanksgiving filled with extraordinary amounts of food, family, and fun! I cannot get over the fact that yesterday was the first day of December. Did it creep up on anyone else??
I will be starting a series of gift idea posts geared towards different personas. I’m always on the hunt for gifts that are specific to the person, yet unique and useful too!
The first gift guide is geared toward the Entertainer. We all know that someone who loves to have dinner parties at their house, cook up a bunch of food, or has that killer wine collection. It may seem like this person has all their bases covered but here are some interesting items they may not have:
- tabletop collection is simple yet elegant
- gold bar cart at a great price
- stylish wood cutting boards that are great for serving breads or cheeses
- metallic coasters add an unexpected element of style
- set of whale measuring spoons are cute for the sea lover
- Scandinavian style salt & pepper grinders
For links to the following items, go to our gifts board on Vim & Vintage’s Pinterest page.
As casual as our Holiday get togethers are, we rarely (and by rarely I mean never) set the table formally. But after seeing all kinds of great ideas on Pinterest, it sure does make me want to start! For those of you who intend to take your event decor to the next level, here are 18 awesome Thanksgiving and Christmas table setting ideas that look pretty easy to replicate.
1. Gold Pumpkins
2. Autumn Harvest
7. Navy & Gold
8. Sophisticated Silver & Lavender
9. Doily Runner
All pictures link back to their original source (if known)