Since nobody’s thrilled about Tax Day tomorrow (except possibly Uncle Sam), let’s celebrate something much more exciting today: National Pecan Day.
Obviously, there’s no better day to bring you one of my favorite go to recipes. I tend to make this a lot when Nate’s out of town for work, because 1) cooking for yourself is already no fun, 2) this recipe’s ingredients are perfect for just 1 person, and 3) it’s just so quick!
This recipe is an adaptation from one of my favorite local restaurants. The only prep involved is cutting up part of an apple. Easy like a Sunday morning.
Pecan Salad with Goat Cheese
- 1 package of Baby Spinach
- 1 Granny Smith Apple
- 1 package of Crumbled Goat Cheese
- 1 bag of Pecan Pieces
- 1 bag of Julienned Carrots (not shown in picture, but I usually add them in for some extra nutritional value!)
- Cut up the apple into small cubes. Use about 1/4 of the apple per person. Leftover apple can be put in a ziplock baggie and stored in the fridge for later use.
- Fill bowl or plate with spinach. Top with apple, goat cheese crumbles, carrots (if using), and pecans as you wish.
- Drizzle with salad dressing, and eat up! (I like a dressing that isn’t overpowering and is slightly on the sweet side, like a Poppyseed.)