Hello November! New month = new blog segment!
In this new feature, once a month I will spotlight a recipe that even the girl on the go can prepare and serve with ease. Often times after a long hard day making bank, I don’t feel like cooking. But instead of spending all my money I just made on fast food or going out to eat, I’ve found some good go-to, cost-effective recipes that are not time-consuming and make for some amazing leftovers.
Truth be told I don’t even like tomato soup. But when I came across this recipe my whole world changed. (Actually, when I first had Beach Bar‘s famous tomato soup my whole world changed. And this recipe is very similar to that, so all you Beach Bar lovers back in Michigan & beyond: take note!)
Yes, this amazing soup may be a little on the rich and hearty side, but it’s super easy to make, and absolutely PERFECT for the crisp fall weather. There will be plenty of leftovers to share, but I’m not lying when I say that this soup actually is better the 2nd day or 3rd day.
TOMATO BISQUE (6-8 servings)
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 onion, minced
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp basil (dried)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 5 cans Campbell’s tomato soup
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 8oz stick of cream cheese, softened at room temp
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded or freshly crumbled (optional)
- Garlic croutons (optional)
- Sauté butter and minced onion together in a large saucepan for about 5-7 minutes on medium heat.
- Add seasonings, diced tomatoes and tomato soup and mix together.
- Add the half and half and cream cheese ( note: the softer the cream cheese the better it mixes in. You could even put in the microwave for a few seconds before adding)
- Mix all ingredients together until well blended. Turn up heat to high for a few minutes until soup is very hot, almost bubbly. The reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for at least 10 minutes. (The longer the ingredients mix together the better the soup will be. I think it tastes best a couple of days after you make it.)
- Top with mozzarella cheese and garlic croutons if you desire, and serve!
Happy weekend!!! xo