You know what shape I’m loving right now? (I’ll give you one guess, and it may or may not be in the title of this post.)
The lovely scallop shape is derived from my favorite childhood shell with the same name. Its curved edges takes me back to when I was a 7-year-old seeing the ocean for the first time, and the hunt for the perfect one. The form is soothing and organic, but creates incredible interest when turned into a pattern. It can be retro. It can be modern. Originating from nature, the scallop shape is timeless.
Can I have these tables? Pretty PRETTY please??!
Some of my scallop faves on the web:
- Scalloped Crewel Pillow Cover, West Elm
- Dallas Multi Fabric, Duralee
- Ludlow Mineral Green Fabric, Robert Allen
- Vero Chair, Arteriors
- Marysia Hot Pink Bandeau Bikini , Intermix
- Cocktail Table, Mr & Mrs. Howard
- Scalloped Bowl, Oh Joy! for Target
- Vintage 1940’s Art Deco Planter with Scalloped Edges, The White Pepper on Etsy
- Wavy Hello Flats, ModCloth
- Lira Pendant, Arteriors
- Martha Stewart Damask Trace Quilt & Shams, Macy’s
- Zeb Accent Tables, Arteriors
- Scallop Polymer Clay Necklace, A Quiet Curiosity on Etsy
- Lacey Denim Shorts, Free People
- Metallic Scalloped iPhone 5 Cover, Anthropologie
For links to these items, visit Vim & Vintage’s Pinterest Page!
(all images link back to their source)