Live each moment in the present, as if there is no tomorrow. Wake up for sunrise. Listen to the wind. Smile and be free.
(image links back to source)
Strive to make each day better than the last.
Saturday was my birthday. I had a nice relaxing weekend thanks for asking, haha. I’m 28. Wooohooo. Not so much. I’m not exactly thrilled about getting closer to 30.
Why? Because practically my whole life I’ve thought 30 was “old”. The pressure to have kids and be established in my career always sits in the back of my mind lately, and it seems like it grows the closer the big 3-0 approaches. I decided to look at it another way though: I wanted to see if I could take what I’ve learned in the last 28 years and put it into words and ideas. And actually, doing this has helped me to realize what my priorities should be in life. I hope it can help you too. I really want to work on getting better at all of these this next year. Prepare for some pretty deep stuff 🙂
1.You are stronger than you think.
2.Take time to get to know (& love) yourself. There’s only one of you. You are unique. Love your best qualities and accept your worst.
3. Be spontaneous….
4. ….But don’t do something you will regret tomorrow.
5. Take way too many pictures. It’s the best way to hold onto memories.
6. People can be mean. Others just suck. Love them anyway.
7. Remember your roots. Don’t forget where you came from, and those that have helped you along the way.
8. Take your time and give it to others. It is the best gift you can give.
9. Happiness is earned.
10. Put your heart into everything you do.
11. Keep it simple. Often times we tend to overcomplicated things, which leads to worry and stress. Don’t make mountains out of mole hills.
12. You have only a few true friends in life. Embrace your special friendships.
13. Chocolate and shopping are valid forms of therapy.
14. Listen to your gut. Deep down, we all know what’s best for us.
15. Life is way too short to settle. Don’t waste your time on relationships/jobs/ friends that you know aren’t right for you.
16. Take breaks – and plenty of vacations. Travel. See the world.
17. Never go to bed mad.
18. Take opportunities as they come. They, just as all things, will eventually slip away.
19. Don’t force life. Be patient and understanding.
20. Worrying will literally get you nowhere.
21. Cherish the time you have with your parents – even though they may annoy the shit out of you.
22. The best things in life are free.
23. Be silly and fun.
24. Find joy in the simple things in life – a good laugh, the puffy clouds in the sky, the crisp morning air.
25. If you’re reading this right now on your laptop with Starbucks in one hand and iPhone in the other, you are luckier than a huge chunk of the world’s population. Thank God for your blessings.
26. Be honest and credible. Always keep promises. If you say you’re going to do something, do it.
27. Dreams really do come true.
28. Always have hope for tomorrow. Never give up!